Happy Birthday, Chris!
Today is the birthday of our founder, the one and only Chris Powell. Chris—and his passion to help people transform their lives—has literally helped transform the lives of millions across the globe, and he’s nowhere closed to being finished yet.
So, to celebrate Chris’ 44 amazing years on the planet, we’re sharing 44 fun facts about Chris.
- His name is not Chris! His name is actually William Powell the 7th, but he’s been called by his middle name—Chris—since birth.
- He got his pilot’s license at age 17, accrued over 1200 hours of flight time, and always thought he would be a commercial pilot.
- He was born in Mesa, AZ, grew up in California, Washington, Idaho, and Oregon, and came back to Arizona for college. He attended 8 different schools between kindergarten & 12th grade. He now lives just 15 miles from where he was born.
- He lost everything when he was 28 and lived out of a duffle bag in his car.
- He was once bit by a rabid dog in Peru.
- He was on the reality TV show For Love or Money.
- He plays the piano and even composes his own songs.
- He can’t eat soy.
- His mom and dad always called him “Crispy Critter” growing up.
- He has Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis.
- He has 4 tattoos.
- His 3 favorite movies are Gladiator, Top Gun, and Braveheart.
- He enjoys Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and, as a 14-year old, got a black belt in Hakko Ryu Jiu Jitsu (Japanese).
- A date ditched him for Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys.
- He loves sardines.
- He rode a skateboard in college.
- He once worked as a lawn aerator.
- He has flown in an F/A-18 Hornet with the Blue Angels.
- He plays the guitar and has done so on stage in Nashville.
- He was once a lumber mill worker pulling green chain.
- His first weight loss client lost over 400 lbs in a 2-year period.
- He has competed as a bodybuilder and even got his IFBB Pro Card.
- He used to do CrossFit competitively.
- He once worked as a dog food rep at PetSmart.
- He used to bartend at various MLB spring training events around Scottsdale, AZ.
- He wore heels and did a heel run on National TV.
- His living room rug is a gymnastics mat.
- He was once a flight instructor.
- He has had FOUR emergency landings as a pilot.
- He was coached by legendary golf player Ben Hogan in the 8th grade….without knowing who “Mr. Hogan” was. 🤦♂️
- He used to sing “The Star Spangled Banner” to Cash to get him to sleep as a baby.
- He used to wait tables at Kona Grill.
- He swam with Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte.
- He has cut his own hair for the past 15 years.
- He composed the theme song for the “Move 1 Million” routine.
- He has a tattoo down his torso to symbolize his goal to help 1 million people transform their lives. We think he needs to add more numbers to that tattoo.
- He has completed 4 half marathons, 2 marathons, and a half Iron Man.
- His first concert was John Denver at the Mid-State Fair in Paso Robles, CA.
- He has attended 3 Super Bowls (Buccaneers vs Raiders, Niners vs Ravens, Rams vs Patriots)
- He has rafted 6 rivers (Payette River, Salmon River, Deschutes River, Pacuare River, White Salmon River, Arkansas River).
- He has judged the Miss America Pageant.
- He has officiated 4 weddings.
- He competed in MTV’s Cancun Capers with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Junior
- He rode the last leg of the Tour de France.
We are all so very grateful for Chris and how he’s supported and transformed our lives here at The Transform App, and we’re wishing him the BEST birthday ever!
If you’d like to wish Chris a happy birthday, or share a way he’s transformed your life, or both, please be sure to leave a comment on our Facebook or Instagram!